The Islamic Society of Boston (ISB) and the Muslim American Society are holding a fundraiser dinner on Saturday, January 17 at the ISB Cultural Center (aka the Roxbury mosque). The ISB/MAS co-organized several anti-Israel protests around Boston last week, aligning itself with radical Marxist organizations such as A.N.S.W.E.R. This weekend, it's a fundraising dinner for here. The speakers include Abed Ayoub and Yousef Abdullah, CEO and Operations Manager, respectively, of Islamic Relief.sponsored by the USA. More info
So is the ISB raising money for Hamas?
Boston's own Citizens for Peace and Tolerance issued a press release earlier this week that examined the links between the Islamic Relief Worldwide and Hamas and with the Muslim Brotherhood:
Dennis Hale, President of the Boston based Citizens for Peace and Tolerance (CPT) - an
interfaith group of Christians, Muslims and Jews - warned today that an
upcoming Muslim American Society of Boston (MAS Boston) fundraising event advertised to donors
as humanitarian aid to Gaza
may instead channel funds to the terror group, Hamas.
"The January 17th fundraiser is collecting money for the Gaza operations of Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW), a group previously accused of transferring funds to Hamas," Hale said.
Hamas is an Islamic supremacist organization that belongs to the Palestine branch of the Muslim Brotherhood. The Muslim Brotherhood is considered to be the origin for most of the modern jihad movements. Hamas is dedicated to the destruction of the Jewish state and uses terrorism and murder to achieve its goals. It is an openly genocidal organization that has explicitly and continuously called for the murder of all Jews worldwide. The founding charter of Hamas proclaims that peace will come to Earth only when all the Jews are killed:
"Virtually the entire civilized world, from Barack Obama to the government of Egypt, agrees that Hamas's refusal to recognize Israel's right to exist and renounce terrorism against Israeli civilians is the root cause of the horrible violence in Gaza and Israel," said Hale. "For the Muslim American Society to raise funds for a Hamas-linked charity in the heart of Boston is an affront to the traditions of liberty and tolerance on which this city was built. "
- Islamic Relief Worldwide is a founding member of the Union of Good - designated by the U.S. Treasury Department as a terrorist entity. The Union of Good functions as an umbrella coalition for a network of Islamic charities led by the radical cleric Yusuf al Qaradawi. Treasury documents state: "The leadership of Hamas created the Union of Good in 2000 in order to facilitate the transfer of funds to Hamas."
- In 2006, IRW's Project Director in Gaza, Iyaz Ali, was arrested by the
Israeli Security Agency and confessed to providing material support for
Hamas as part of his work with IRW. The Israeli Prime Minister's Office
asserts that "The IRW's activities in Judea, Samaria and the Gaza Strip are carried
out by social welfare organizations controlled and staffed by Hamas
- MAS National founder Jamal Badawi, who is also a Trustee of the controversial Roxbury mosque, is an unindicted co-conspirator in the case against the Holy Land Foundation. Joining him on the co-conspirator list is Abdurrahman Alamoudi, founder of the ISB, presently in jail on terrorism charges.
- The current president of MAS Boston, Hossam al Jabri, is listed in FBI trial evidence as a large donor to the HLF.
- Since 2000, ISB/MAS have transferred thousands of dollars to the Holy Land Foundation and at least $168,000 to Islamic Relief Worldwide.