A review of Michael Medved's new book, The 10 Big Lies About America: Combating Destructive Distortions about Our Nation. What are the 10 Big Lies?
1. "America was founded on genocide against Native Americans."
2. "The United States is uniquely guilty for the crime of slavery and based its wealth on stolen African labor."
3. "The Founders intended a secular, not a Christian nation."
4. "America has always been a multicultural society, strengthened by diversity"
5. "The power of Big Business hurts the country and oppresses the people"
6. "Government programs offer the only remedy for economic downturns and poverty"
7. "America is an imperialist nation and a constant threat to world peace."
8. "The two-party system is broken, and we urgently need a viable third party."
9. "A war on the middle class means less comfort and opportunity for the average American."
10. "America is in the midst of an irreversible moral decline."
The review at Front Page Magazine briefly refutes the 10 Big Lies. Looks like an excellent book, perhaps a good gift for your middle school and high school kids. Young people need an antidote to the public school "education" that probably is teaching them the 10 Big Lies right now.